Tuesday, June 9, 2009

2 Legit...




...yes, 2 Legit 2 Quit. I KNOW I consistently date myself with posts on this blog, but I just can't help what I find funny, can I? In the spirit of the '90's, check this totally radical video out.

First, a definition for those who are unfamiliar:

Definition: A flash mob is a group of strangers who organize themselves, using electronic media such as cell phones or the Internet, to gather together in a public place, behave in a predetermined manner for a predetermined amount of time, and then quickly disperse.

A successful flash mob event depends on the element of surprise. Participants, called mobsters, share news about the time and place for an upcoming event through postings on blogs, chain e-mail messages, SMS text messages and social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.

The first flash mob is attributed to Bill Wasik of Harper's Magazine in 2003. This idea has morphed into similar "group events" like those of Improv Everywhere (see my January 19, 2009 post "No Pants!").

I have always thought about participating in or organizing a flash mob event, but never wanted to do so as much as I have after seeing this video. It helps if you have mad dancing skills. MC Hammer lives on!

No comments:

Post a Comment